Didgeridoo Dojo Beginner Sessions
Learn how to play the didgeridoo!
Here it is! Years of didgeridoo teachings, captured on video and packaged up in simple, easy to follow lessons.
Our beginner lesson series will put you on the fast-track to becoming a didgeridoo player and will have you sounding fantastic in no time at all.
Think of our didgeridoo lessons as your own private one-on-one class. One of us, with you, sitting down, learning a new didgeridoo technique.
The beginner lesson set covers everything you need to know to start playing the didge at the entry level.
The topics we cover include:
1. Getting you familiar with the didgeridoo, positioning of the didge when you play and how a didgeridoo actually works!
2. Consistently making the didgeridoo sound know as the didgeridoo drone or drone sound
3. Circular breathing on the didgeridoo which is the key to playing the didgeridoo continuously without breaking the sound
4. Basic didgeridoo sound variations or "didgeridoo vocals"
5. Some diaphragm and breathing techniques to varying your didgeridoo sound and play louder and quieter
6. We introduce you to didgeridoo rhythms and give you some easy to learn rhythms perfect for impressing your family and friends with your playing
7. And finally some bonus intermediate and advanced lessons to give you a taste of what that next level of playing feels like!
We know you will enjoy your didge journey! Once you’re through the beginner sessions, join us on the main website at www.didgeridoodojo.com and continue your didgeridoo training. Whether it’s mastering the beginner sounds, or mastering advanced and super complicated rhythms, there’s something for players of all levels at the Dojo.
Pick up your didgeridoo and let’s go!
Since you're going to be spending a bit of time with him, meet Yoshitaka Saegusa aka Sanshi!
You always know when Sanshi is around. People are laughing, jokes are flying, vibe is peaking and amongst the craziness, Sanshi is shaking the walls with some of the most incredible didge playing you will ever hear.
Sanshi is undoubtedly one of Australia’s most talented didgeridoo players – far out this guy can play!
He has a heart of gold. His caring nature and generosity are greatly appreciated by everyone around him.
Sanshi was built to perform. There is no doubt you will see Sanshi on a huge stage playing in front of thousands of people, somewhere in the world in the coming years.
He is bubbly, friendly, motivating, encouraging and wacky… and to top it all off… has the coolest hair-do!
When not recording Didgeridoo Dojo lessons for you, you’ll find Sanshi down the beach playing with his family and jamming with friends or leading the team at Didgeridoo Breath (http://www.didgeridoobreath.com) - the largest online didgeridoo store on the planet, based out of Fremantle, Western Australia
Sanshi has been playing didgeridoo since 1996 and plays a bunch of different instruments too including djembe, cajon, native American flute, guitar and the iPhone saxaphone!
StartCircular Breathing on the Didgeridoo (4:00)
StartDidgeridoo Circular Breathing – Breathe & Pop (3:54)
StartDidgeridoo Circular Breathing – Breathe & Squeeze (5:00)
StartDidgeridoo Circular Breathing - Shortening your Breath (3:52)
StartDidgeridoo Circular Breathing – Loosen the Squeeze (6:01)
StartDidgeridoo Circular Breathing – Connect the Breath (8:29)
StartDidgeridoo Circular Breathing – Fine Tuning Technique (2:34)